Join us for a fun-filled weekend!
It’s Farmers Market Day! The Sarasota Newtown Farmers Market is a market that consists of fresh, locally grown produce and products that many consumers say they thrive on! Join us today, Dec. 17, and tomorrow from 10 am to 5 pm at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Park.
Don’t forget we’re having our Annual Feeding Our Friends in the Park for Christmas tomorrow, Dec. 18, from 2 –4 pm. What better way to give Thanks than donating and volunteering to give back to the community? So come, feed the homeless with us and together, we can ensure the spirit and tradition of the holiday is shared with the less fortunate.
ADDED BONUS! We’ll be hosting Mr. Stevey & Friends – Winter Pop-Up! Book Giveaway! from Noon – 2:30. Come out and enjoy free prizes, free books, and free fun! This special event celebrates arts, literacy and mindfulness during the holiday season by providing FREE BOOKS for local students and their families!
We’re still in need of donations for our adopted families to help provide gifts for this holiday and make it a memorable one for their children. Below is a list of items still needed to complete their wish list. If you have the ability, please donate.
• Teen Girl: Shirt: She loves to do Arts and Crafts. Medium/Large; Pants: 16; Shoes: 5.
• Teen Boy: He loves music. Shirt: Medium; Pants: 35; Shoes: 9.
• Little Girl: She is obsessed with dolls. Shirts: 10/12 or Medium; Pants: 10/12; Shoes: 3.5.
• Girl: A future fashionista loves clothes. Shirt: XL; Pants: 18; Shoes: 9.
• Boy: He loves music and anything that makes sounds. Clothes: 3T; Shoes: 8.
• Girl: Clothes: She loves to play with dolls. 24-month, Shoes: 5 1/2.
You can also provide tangible support to the families who wouldn’t otherwise have the ability to afford holiday gifts by donating money to purchase gifts, gift cards etc., for each family member at https://www.newtownnation.com or by donating new toys.
To contribute or make donations, please get in touch with Danette Williams at (813) 364-3618 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.